At 1:18 PM -0500 1/25/09, tedd wrote:
At 1:02 PM -0500 1/25/09, Robert Cummings wrote:
Dirty button is all fine and dandy, but since you're using JavaScript to
update the button's CSS (or colour), then why not update the information
similarly so that the information is up to date?

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob:

Now I remember why I didn't do that.

The demo I provided was a stripped down version of a problem I was trying to solve where the user's selection was tied to a trip to the server to pull data from a database.

The trip to the database should be done only after the user selects ALL the control values they are interested in.

True, I could use AJAX to trigger a php slave script to get the data from the dB and throw it back to the page in real time, but that might be premature depending upon what the user really wanted to do.

For example, if the user selected something from two, or more, selection controls but didn't want to see the results until they were finished thereby clicked the "Submit" button. Otherwise, it might annoy them to have the data change with every change in the selection controls. That's the problem I faced and thus the solution I came up with was the "Dirty Button".

My madness makes sense to me now.

Cheers,

tedd

--