Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get information from a POST to a cgi and return the value?
I want to try to get a script that will check on an airline's flight status,
and if it returns "cancelled", then send me an e-mail (to my cell or pager).

I wanna do this because I get tired of driving an hour to the airport only
to find that it's been cancelled, so I got to thinking, wouldn't it be cool
if you could have a script that would track this information for you?

Let's take for example, usairways.com
here's a copy of the form on thier page:

<form name="flightStatusForm" method="post"
action="http://dps2.usairways.com/cgi-bin/fi";>
               <input type="text" name="FltNum" size="6" maxlength="4"></td>
                  <input type="hidden" name="page" value="fi">
                    <select class="bodytext" name="selectDay" size="1">
                      <script>
                        todayMonth = monthNames[today.getMonth() + 1];
                        document.write( '<option value=\"' + todayMonth + '
' + today.getDate() + '\">today</option>');
                        tomorrowMonth = monthNames[tomorrow.getMonth() + 1];
                        document.write( '<option value=\"' + tomorrowMonth +
' ' + tomorrow.getDate() + '\">tomorrow</option>');
                        yesterdayMonth = monthNames[yesterday.getMonth() +
1];
                        document.write( '<option value=\"' + yesterdayMonth
+ ' ' + yesterday.getDate() + '\">yesterday</option>');
                      </script>
               </select>
              </form>

Isn't there a way to have PHP go and check this onec every x minutes and
return the status?
I think it would be cool to have a dropdown of each of the major airlines,
then you just put your flight number, and time of departure (and stores it
into a database). Then on the day you leave, it checks every thirty minutes
or so starting a few hours before, and if there's any delay or cancellation,
it sends an email.

Can this be done?
If so, can someone point me in the right direction? Specifically, how to get
the CGI Post data returned from thier server?

Clayton Dukes
CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CCNP
Download Free Essays, Term Papers and Cisco Training from http://www.gdd.net