In cgi i can use perl ,c etc
suppose i use perl

now how efficiency differs?
How cgi written in perl  and php is differ in working in context of web
service?

other difference?.

but their differ.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Jay Blanchard <jblanch...@pocket.com> wrote:

[snip]
can anybody tell me the benefits of php over cgi or vice versa?
i need to compare both?
[/snip]

CGI is a gateway to be used by languages
PHP is a language

First of all try not to top post this is what we usually do here.

Well CGI is a standard protocol implemented by many programming languages. You may start googling to find about it but this is a start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway_Interface

Both Perl and PHP can work with CGI but working with Perl-CGI is not something that we should discuss in this list since this is a *PHP* list.

IMHO you should start reading some aspects of web development to make some things clear before start asking questions in the lsit. This will improve your understanding and it help us to make suggestions.

--
Thodoris