Hi gang,

Was just thinking of a cheap solution for sites that don't require absolute
security. A SSL cert cost about $150 a year. Sites like facebook could use
this... Of course it's not for banks etc.

You could degrade gracefully when javascript is turned off to just sending
the form and checking the password normally if the first test fails which
would happen anyway wouldnt it? ...

Mainly this was just ment to be a proof of concept. An alternative to SSL
for those who have more time than $$ and not quite so high a security
requirement.

Of course SSL is better! Duh! Just wanted to give you guys something to
think about. The password would not be given away like this would it? It
just makes it a little more difficult for script kiddies. They would have to
have a keylogger running or steal the session. :P

Regards,
Tim

Tim-Hinnerk Heuer

http://www.ihostnz.com
Mike Ditka  - "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given
us arms."