I should mention that I did try the ionCube online encoder, which I think is a great idea... but its runtimes failed to load on both of my test systems, requiring editing of php.ini. That's over the top for my users. I need something that's rock-solid and that will never require my users to have to know anything or do anything special (they are business people, not developers or server admins).