From: Per Jessen
> Daniel Brown wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 22:35, Richard Lynch <c...@l-i-e.com> wrote:
>>> I have a program sending/receiving data to/from my CLI script using:
>>>
>>> 0 stdin
>>> 1 stdout
>>> 2 stderr
>>> 3 ??????
>>
>>     UNIX Channel 3 is a non-standard stream resource, though I don't
>> believe it's even yet been given a name, so we'll have to change
that.

> "UNIX Channel 3" ??
> It's just file descriptor 3, that's all. In the old days, it was
> occasionally called "stdaux", but AFAIK that's not used any more.

AUX and PRN for 3 and 4 were standard for a serial port and printer
interface respectively on CP/M and then PC-DOS 1.0. Both were carried
through to later versions of MS-DOS, but not used nor referenced very
much. I don't recall seeing them in a Unix context at all.

Bob McConnell