On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
<mailingli...@mailnewsrss.com> wrote:

>>> if (empty($_POST[PASSSWORD]))
>>> { $GERROR="TRUE";}
>>>

>> If that's a direct copy/paste from your actual code, there is an extra
>> S in PASSWORD. Also, you should enclose the array key in quotes:
>>
>> if (empty($_POST['PASSWORD']))
>> { $GERROR='TRUE'; }
>
> It is official I am a DOPE! Thank you, yes, I did not see the SSS in an hour
> of looking!
>
> Why enclose in quotes? I have never done this!
>
> -Jason

If you don't enclose them in quotes, PHP first looks for a constant
with that name. Thus, it the constant PASSWORD was defined as 'some
silly string', your code would evaluate to $_POST['some silly string']
instead of the string 'PASSWORD' that you probably intended it to use.

That, and it generates an E_NOTICE. On a production server, these are
usually hidden from public view, but it is still good practice to
avoid them.

Andrew