Thanks for all the info, everyone! Seems like the @ trick is nice for individual lines, but turning off/on every time may be bit much on a complicated page. The ini_set('display_errors', false); also has a hit, as it turns back on after the entire script has run, but seems the easier way and just the one time may not be too bad. So maybe is best to turn it off in the actual ini, and turn on only for me, based on my IP or some other flag.
        Thanks again!

George Langley
Multimedia Developer, Audio/Video Editor, Musician, Arranger, Composer

http://www.georgelangley.ca