Hi guys,

I have a function inside which I set alocal variable to store a result. Can I
access this variable in another function? if yes then how?

function tbl1($entrytitle, $entrytext)

{

global $conn;

$result= mysql_query("INSERT INTO tbl1(tbl1_id, title, text)

     VALUES('NULL', '$entrytitle', '$entrytext')", $conn);

     $tbl_id=mysql_insert_id($conn);// this is the local variable I'm setting
to get the last auto increment id

}

Now I wish to access that variable in another function thus:

function tbl2($name, $entrytitle, $entrytext)

{

global $conn;

$result =mysql_query("INSERT INTO tbl2(tbl1_id, name, title, text)

                               VALUES('$tbl1_id', '$name', '$entrytitle',
'$entrytext' )", $Conn);

}

Or is there a better way to store the variable?

Thanks in advance.

Alugo Abdulazeez

www.frangeovic.com