nobody knows my last creation?
http://code.google.com/p/noswfupload/
full example with PHP back end in the zip.

P.S. ... just in case ... the first upload progress for PHP with Ajax and NO
APC ( ages ago, still me: http://www.devpro.it/upload_progress/ )
Flash FileReference porting ... still me, before SWFUpload solution or others
Flash based: http://www.devpro.it/FileReference/
Finally, last attemp before noswfupload, jQuery plus APC for uplaod progress
meter:
http://webreflection.blogspot.com/2007/10/upload-progress-bar-with-php5-apc-and.html

I kinda worked with "uploaders" since I used bottle I guess :D

Regards