On 19 May 2009 14:37, Daniele Grillenzoni advised:

> My complaint is this: a I can have a select multiple with a
> normal name,
> which is allowed by every spec, but PHP requires me to use []
> in order
> to properly retrieve the values.

I really don't understand the problem with this -- in fact, I find it
quite useful to distinguish inputs which may have only 1 value from
those which may be multi-valued. And it all depends on what you mean by
a "normal" name, of course -- no current (X)HTML spec disallows [] as
part of a name attribute, so in that sense a name containing them could
be seen as perfectly normal...!! ;) ;)

Can you explain why this is such a hang-up for you, as I haven't seen
anything in what you've posted so far to convince me it's any kind of
problem?

Cheers!

Mike

 --
Mike Ford,  Electronic Information Developer,
C507, Leeds Metropolitan University, Civic Quarter Campus,

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm