Hi..

Got a need to be able to allow a user to specify the frequency to run
certain apps/processes.. I need to be able to have the user specify a start
Time, as well as a periodic frequency (once, hourly, daily, weekly...) as
well as allow the user to specify every XX minutes...

So i basically need to be able to determine when the future
events/occurances are, based on the user input.

I've searched the net for alogorithms dealing with scheduling and haven't
come up with any php based solutions.. I've also looked at numerical recipes
and some other sources (freshmeat/sourceforge/etc..) with no luck..

I have found an approach in another language that I could port to php.. But
before I code/recreate this, I figured I'd see if anyone here has pointers
or suggestions...

Cron doesn't work for me, as it can run a process at a given time.. but it
doesn't tell me when the next 'X' occurance would be...

Thoughts/Comments..

Thanks