On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM, PJ <af.gour...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> This may not be strictly php but I think is may be relevant.
> Were I to use a different css file for every page (that is slightly
> different), would that affect performance?
> It seems to me that might be a way of simplifying and certainly speeding
> up development (design-wise, anyway) when using css. A different css
> file for different pages would certainly make it a breeze to design a
> page; otherwise it is hell to try to put all formatting in one file - it
> even tends to get fairly bloated and difficult to follow your own shadow.
>
> --
> Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la plančte, sortez du capitalisme."
> Phil Jourdan --- p...@ptahhotep.com
>   http://www.ptahhotep.com
>   http://www.chiccantine.com/andypantry.php

It might be simpler during development, but YSlow! recommends putting
them in as few pages as is practical so the browser has fewer
resources to fetch and can make better use of caching. It won't affect
the speed of your PHP pages, but it should speed up the overall
download time of your pages from the end-user's perspective.

Andrew