Richard was likely suggestion his mail example as listed in his signature

Other options include

phpmailer
pear's mime mail

various other classes available www.phpclasses.org
Fernando,

I recommend you check out the various PHP frameworks out there. Instead of randomly searching for classes for common functionality like sending an email from your script, you could use the framework's classes. I am sure all of the frameworks provide classes to send emails. The next time you need a class to read email from your scripts, you can simply look for classes your framework of choice provides.

I personally use Zend Framework. But there are many available - Cake, CI, Symphony, etc.

Also take a look at PEAR like Bastien said.
--

With warm regards,
Sudheer. S