David Robley wrote:
> Austin Caudill wrote:
>
>> Hello, im trying to make the CMS system im using more SEO friendly by
>> giving each page it's own title. Right now, the system assigns all pages
>> the same general title. I would like to use PHP to discertain which page
>> is being viewed and in turn, which title should be used.
>>
>> I have put in the title tags the variable "$title". As for the PHP im
>> using, I scripted the following:
>>
>> $url = "http://'.$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']''.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']'";
>> switch ( $url )
>> {
>> default:
>> $title = "Photoshop tutorials, Flash tutorials, and more! Newtuts Tutorial
>> Search"; break;
>>
>> case "$config[HTTP_SERVER]help.php" :
>> $title = "Newtuts Help";
>> break;
>> }
>>
>> Right now, im getting this error:
>> Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting
>> T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in
>> /home/a7201901/public_html/includes/classes/tutorial.php on line 803
>>
>> Can someone please help me with this?
>>

>> Thanks!
> I'm guessing that line 803 is
>
> $url = "http://'.$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']''.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']'";
>
> which is full of mismatched quotes :-) Try any of
>
> $url = "http://{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}{$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']}";
> $url = "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
> $url = 'http://'.$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];
>
> Cheers

Also the line:

  case "$config[HTTP_SERVER]help.php" :

probably won't work very well : should be either

  case $config[HTTP_SERVER].'help.php':

or

  case "{$config[HTTP_SERVER]}help.php":

according to whether you like interpolation in quotes or not.

I recommend finding a development environment or editor that does syntax
highlighting - that would catch all of these problems before you even save the
file.

--
Peter Ford                              phone: 01580 893333
Developer                               fax:   01580 893399