Jason Pruim

On Jun 19, 2009, at 3:14 PM, Daniel Brown <danbr...@php.net> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 15:00, Jason Pruim<ja...@jasonpruim.com> wrote:
Wow dan, must be nice to have the time to read all that :P

I could rant about how hard it is to find a job when you don't have much verifiable experience.... But instead I put together a website which has links to everywhere that I'm watching. So if anyone is in central Florida
and looking for a job point your shiny rectangle here:
HTTP://www.jasonpruim.com/jobsearch

   Don't forget the invaluable resource that is CraigsList.  For you,
specifically:

       http://orlando.craigslist.org/

   There's also Dice (http://www.dice.com/), but that's more for
specifically tech-oriented jobs, and most require a degree in the
field.  Keep your eyes open for technical support positions with
telecommunications carriers --- particularly local or regional phone
companies and ISP's.  It's a relatively-stable job market, and there
are call centers all over the country, some with VOIP setups allowing
one to work from his/her own home.

   As for the 911 dispatcher's job, I never did hear from the
Sheriff's office or the County Com-Center about you, so it's an
adequate amount of time just to check in and "see if [they] have any
other questions," without being too pushy.... but don't call 911 to do
it!  ;-P

I just had my interview with them today. They are starting the background check right now.

You mean calling 911 isn't a good way to get in touch with them? :P

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.br...@parasane.net || danbr...@php.net