From: Andres Gonzalez [mailto:and...@packetstorm.com]
Sent: 02 July 2009 00:46
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] removing an array from a compound array

I have a compound array, that is, an array of an array of an array,
etc,
that is about 5 arrays
deep. I currently search thru all of these arrays, and based on some
criteria, I want to delete
one of the arrays (along with all of its sub-arrays) in the middle.

What is the easiest way to delete such an "embedded" array?

If you know all the keys leading to the subarray you want to remove
(which you probably do if you've just searched your way to it), then a
simple unset() should work, similar to:

    Unset($array[$key1][$key2][$key3]);

Cheers!

Mike

 --
Mike Ford,  Electronic Information Developer,
C507, Leeds Metropolitan University, Civic Quarter Campus, Woodhouse Lane, LEEDS, LS1 3HE, United Kingdom

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm