On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Daniel Brown<danbr...@php.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 13:35, Daniel Brown<danbr...@php.net> wrote:
>>
>>    It works fine because you're forcing PHP to cast 'hello' in your
>> array from a simple boolean TRUE to the string equivalent.
>
>    sed "s/string equivalent/literal 'hello' string/g"
>
>    (The way I'd worded it before seemed to me, upon re-reading it,
> like I was implying it would cast the boolean TRUE to the string
> 'TRUE'.)
>
> --
> </Daniel P. Brown>
> daniel.br...@parasane.net || danbr...@php.net
> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
> Check out our great hosting and dedicated server deals at
> http://twitter.com/pilotpig

If that's true, then we've found an error reporting bug! I've never
seen an error/warning raised, even with my usual
"error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT | E_DEPRACATED)"!  The warning is
raised here, though:
$foo = $bar[hello];

but not here:
$foo = "$bar[hello]"

At the risk of sounding like an inane ass, I quote, from php.net/strings:

"With array indices, the closing square bracket (]) marks the end of
the index. The same rules apply to object properties as to simple
variables."

Sorry if I sound like an ass, just trying to defend myself from having
to go change several thousand array items referenced from doublequotes
/ HEREDOC.