On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM, James Colannino <ja...@colannino.org>wrote:

> Eddie Drapkin wrote:
>
> > HTTP headers are sent and finalized after the first bit of output.   I
> > had the same problem before and it turned out to be because I had a
> > close tag "?>" at the end of a file followed by some whitespace.  The
> > solution was to remove the ?> from the end of all the files and I
> > haven't closed an entire file since.  Perhaps that might be it?
>
> Hmm...  In fact, I did close all my include files with the ?> tag, and
> per Michael's observation in another response, there is a line of
> whitespace after the closing tag in my include files.
>
> I tried getting rid of the trailing whitespace, and removed the closing
> tags.  Unfortunately, even after that, when I place my include files
> before session_start, I get the same problem.  There's no leading
> whitespace before the starting <?php tag, so I'm still a little at a loss.
>
> It's not too big of a deal though; I simply placed my include files
> after the call to session_start().  That seems to solve the problem.

That's a good practice, (Although not optimal is some application setups )
but I am wondering why you are not getting information about exact place
where output is being started.
You should get a "headers already sent output started at ...." kind of error
if you have enabled error reporting with display_errors ON.