I know... this is not for a php thread... but...

If you look at the HTML the "a" tag is made completely unobtrusive.
The link will still working without javascript.

This is the original tag (with javascript)
     Click to lalalal
 </a>

This is how the browser looks it without javascript
     Click to lalalal
 </a>

I've said it is not for a php thread

--