From: Yacoon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 12:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] open_basedir

mornin,

i´m new to the list and to php, so please don´t jump to hard on me, when
you
think the question is dump.

okay: is there a possibility to make a server only execute the php
scripts
in the document root it was called from?
I saw something about open_basedir, but am not sure if that is the way.

I badly need to protect the server from i.e. includes, that read out or
manipulated server config files, like passwd.
I have systems run under redhat, if that matters. could anyone please
just
let me know how and where?
I´ll definatelly need the correct syntax, since that’s my main-problem
with
php.

thanks a lot - ulrich