on 7/8/01 5:53 AM, Adam at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> thanks so much for the help, that'll be a great reference for any other
> similar types of output i need.
>
> some things i had to fix for others viewing this thread:
>
> "while ($numrows)" had to be changed to "while ($numrows >= 1)" or the while
> statement would loop forever. (server hangup)
>
> i had to accomidate and if statement to check if the amount of $numrows left
> was <= 1
>
> -Adam

Have you tried this?

 <?php

 echo '<table';

 $result = mysql_query("SELECT * from table WHERE type='default'");

 while (mysql_fetch_row ($result)) {

     echo "<tr\n<td$row[0]</td\n";
     $row = mysql_fetch_row ($result);
     echo "<td$row[0]</td\n</tr";

     }

 echo '</table';

 ?>

It might be a more simple way of doing it ... but I haven't tried it...