Hi Ben,

When running it as a normal PHP file, I get the cron daemon emailing me
stuff like:

automation/mail.php: ?: No such file or directory
automation/mail.php: =: command not found
automation/mail.php: =: command not found
automation/mail.php: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token
`mail("emailaddress@takenout",'
automation/mail.php: line 7: `mail("emailaddress@takenout", "mail test",
"$mailcontent", "$sender");'

When running it with the Perl style line at the top (as you suggested) I
get, "no such file or directory."

The script is Chmodded to 755 in both cases.  And I saved it as a .php and
.cgi file (with the root to bin/php in it).  God knows what I'm doing wrong
;)

James.