Hello Aral,

On 30-Jun-01 13:05:40, you wrote:

>I'm writing a custom session handler that saves sessions using Manuel Lemos'
>excellent Metabase library. The problem is, although I've got the
>session_set_save_handler function pointing to the correct start, end, read,
>write, destroy and garbage collection functions, when I call session_start
>and session_register, the "write" function does not get called (the only
>function that gets called is the "read" function.)

There is a serious bug in PHP that seems to lead to inconsistent handling
of memory allocation that affects code that uses functions like strtok from
inside session handler functions.

A new version of Metabase that does not use strtok was uploaded to the PHP
Classes site.  Everybody that uses Metabase for session handling is
encouraged to download this version because PHP trashes the memory and
eventually crashes you Web server when the strtok function is used.

http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/browse.html/package/20

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp