> You might try to use the reported IP of the submitter, again unique, but
> that can be forged -- so again anyone can vote more than once.

Can you say more about forging the reported IP? I've always been under
the impression that forging the source IP in a TCP session is a pretty
sophisticated operation, but maybe I'm mistaken about that.

Of course source IP isn't a reliable unique-ID, for the opposite
reason also: forward proxies, NAT, etc., make it pretty likely that
several users will come to the site from the same IP. So you'd end up
incorrectly refusing legitimate votes.

Ben