----- Original Message ----

I haven't had any experience with Magento but I've had nothing but bad
experiences with PHP's CGI/FCGI.  For security reasons, it's strongly
recommended
that you'll have to use doc_root in the ini.  This however will break some of
my apps running in virtual directory mappings of the physical directory outside
doc_root
in both IIS and Apache.  So I went back to ISAPI and Apache Filter.  I don't
know if this applies to you but something to think about,

Regards,
Tommy