Is there a way I can use a htaccess directive to require a php script to be "included" within each file contained within that directory?

For example, let's say I have a directory with 100 scripts in it, but I want each script within that directory to pass through an authorization script before executing.

The hard way is for me to go through each of the 100 scripts and add the statement "require(auth.php)", but I don't want to do that (I'm too lazy and beside there is too great of a chance of an error). So, is there a way for me to circumvent this problem by using a htaccess directive?
I don't think it is possible to include a particular script for every request without using include or require statements.

You can solve this problem by routing all the request to one file, say index.php and then manipulate the flow from there.

--

With warm regards,
Sudheer. S