I have an application developed that uses alot of PHP. Currently, it is running on a Ubuntu 8.04 , single core CPU host. We are moving to a quad core host for this application.

Is there anything special that I need to do to configure PHP to run on a quad core host? I noticed that my current single core system has PHP configured with Thread Safety disabled (as reported from phpinfo()). Does that need to be enabled to run in a multi-core environment?

Any other suggestions for configuring PHP for multi-core use?

Thanks,

-Andres