why do you need a function for this ? why dont you just make a link to the
file ?

as long as some_src.tgz is in the web root this will work. and if the file
is not in the web root, then why are you downloading something from the web
not int the web root ? make a symbolic link from the src file to a link in
the web root.

of course you could allways send the download headers and readfile() the
file.

<?php
Header("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=\"declined.txt\"");
Header("Content-type: application/download");
readfile('/tmp/php/some_src.tgz');
?>

--

  Chris Lee