From: Puiu Hrenciuc [mailto:hp...@xentra.ro]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:36 PM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] Re: How to take output from an include, and embed it into a
variable?

Hi,

The simplest way (actually the single way I know :) ) would be to
capture the output using output buffering functions, something like this:

// start output buffering
ob_start();

// include the file that generates the HTML (or whatever content)
include "....";

// get output buffer content
$output=ob_get_contents();

// clean output buffer and stop buffering
ob_end_clean();

// the content generated in the included file is now in $output variable
// use it as you consider fit

Regards,
Puiu

Rob Gould wrote:
> I have an invoice table that is drawn on a number of pages, so I have
> all the logic in an include-file like this:
>
> include "invoicetable_bottom.php";
>

> However, now I'm needing to take the output from that include file and
> pass it as an email.  To do that, I need to somehow take the output from
> this include file and get it into a variable somehow.  Is there a simple
> way to do this?
>
> Something like:  $emailtcontent = include "invoicetable_bottom.php"?

  ________________________________
Bu mesaj ve ekleri, mesajda g?nderildi?i belirtilen ki?i/ki?ilere ?zeldir ve
gizlidir. Size yanl??l?kla ula?m??sa l?tfen g?nderen kisiyi bilgilendiriniz ve
mesaj? sisteminizden siliniz. Mesaj ve eklerinin i?eri?i ile ilgili olarak
?irketimizin herhangi bir hukuki sorumlulu?u bulunmamaktad?r. ?irketimiz
mesaj?n ve bilgilerinin size de?i?ikli?e u?rayarak veya ge? ula?mas?ndan,
b?t?nl???n?n ve gizlili?inin korunamamas?ndan, vir?s i?ermesinden ve bilgisayar
sisteminize verebilece?i herhangi bir zarardan sorumlu tutulamaz.

This message and attachments are confidential and intended for the
individual(s) stated in this message. If you received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. Our
company has no legal responsibility for the contents of the message and its
attachments. Our company shall have no liability for any changes or late
receiving, loss of integrity and confidentiality, viruses and any damages
caused in anyway to your computer system.