On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 04:23:46PM -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 16:14, Paul M Foster <pa...@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
> >
> > Okay, I've figured out how to shove the data through cURL to the
> > receiving URL, but then it occurred to me that the client browser must
> > go there *as well*.
> >
> > Will curl_exec() do that on its own, or is there a parameter I need to
> > feed it?
>
>     So you need to have the *client* post the information?  You may
> want to look into a JavaScript solution, like an
> onload/document.form.post action.

Javascript would be a bad solution. If the user has this turned off,
they can't use the site.

Let me be less opaque. This is a page where a user will fill in some
personal information, and then select an amount to donate to this cause.
The intent is to pass some information that the merchant service company
needs (like merchant number and item selected) to their secure URL. The
problem is that, before I just pass the information off to them, I want
to make sure the user has properly filled out this form. So I have to
validate it. That's done in the background on the server, naturally. But
once the validating is done, it's time to send the user off to the
secure site with a payload of POST variables. At that point, the user
will enter credit card info and such, and continue the transaction.

So I need to find a way to direct the user's browser to the secure site
with their payload of POST variables. The more I look at this, the more
it looks like cURL won't do it, and Javascript has the obvious down
side.

I'm afraid the only way to do this may be to validate everything, pass
the values off to a confirmation page, where the user has to hit
"Proceed", and *that* page goes directly to the secure server with its
POST payload.

If anyone has a better idea, let me know. Hopefully I've explained it
adequately to make the problem clear.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster