Not quite sure what you're getting at here. As you discovered, if you have

        $Thing = array(5,6,7,8);

and you 'echo $Thing;' you get 'Array.' However, in this case, you
know the variable name already - $Thing!

Are you thinking more along these lines:

        $ArrayName = 'Thing';
        $$ArrayName = array(5,6,7,8);

now,

        echo $ArrayName;        ==> Thing
        echo $$ArrayName;       ==> Array
        echo ${$ArrayName}[0];  ==> 5

See

        http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.variables.variable.php

for more info.

        -steve

--
+------ Factoid: Of the 100 largest economies in the world, 51 are ------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |