Hello,

Will we ever see drivers for MS SQL Server in PHP5?

I know MS is working on drivers for PHP 5.3 but it's not clear if they will
ever produce a PDO driver for PHP. PDO is the way to go.

The other thing is that MS latest version of the sqlsrv driver requires SQL
Native Client 2008 and is not compatible with previous versions of the client.
This means that client will have to either install or upgrade their version SQL
Client. It would be great if the driver did not require an addition software
package to be installed.

The lack of MSSQL support has cause developers to search the web (sometimes in
vain) looking for driver support. This often times resulted in an alternative
programming languages been chosen for the project.