On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 04:11:32PM +0000, David Otton wrote:

> 2009/10/27 Paul M Foster <pa...@quillandmouse.com>:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 05:27:07PM +1100, Eric Bauman wrote:
>
> >> I'm in the process of implementing an ultra-light MVC framework in PHP.
> >> It seems to be a common opinion that the loading of data from a
> >> database, file etc. should be independent of the Model, and I agree.
> >> What I'm unsure of is the best way to link this "data layer" into MVC.
>
> > I disagree. There should be database class(es) which know how to deal
>
> Paul, you already did this in one of Eric's threads a couple of weeks
> back, and the best you could come up with when pressed was "Probably
> not a great example, but...". Is it really necessary to rehash this?

I don't track threads closely enough to know if it's the same OP on this
thread. Apologies if I'm repeating myself.

I don't recall anyone disputing my example, nor any effective rebuttal
at all. And by the time I finished writing that email, I thought it was
a better example than I originally believed.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster