Ashley,

Thank you for responding.

> I think you do, or where else would you show the PDF? Unless you force
> the PDF to download when the user clicks the preview button, you are
> left with the default option of the users browser, which will most
> usually be to display the PDF in the browser window.

No, that's not what's happening. I'm not showing the PDF in a browser
window. It's being given to the user with the option to download or view
in a separate application.

So I am fine with the download option. That's what I'm doing now, I
suppose. So since the user is downloading the PDF, they don't need an
in-browser window to view it.

Once the PDF is downloaded/viewed, I want the new window to die by any
means necessary.

Surely there's a way.

--
Dave M G