I wonder if someone would be kind enough to explain why,

if $record->Subject2 sometimes contains the word posters

this

echo $record->Subject2;

accurately prints the word or words in the field Subject2 from the found record

but this

                     if ($record->Subject2 == "posters")
                        {
                          echo ("PrintFormat1");
                         }
                     else
                        {
                           echo ("PrintFormat2");
                         }

always returns PrintFormat2

(I'm trying to get the if statement to print format 1 when the field contains posters,
and format 2 if it's got anything else in it. It's never empty.)

Apologies if you've seen this all before

---

Regards

John Patterson
Patterson Liddle