From: Ford, Mike
> From: Ashley Sheridan
>> On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 11:16 +0000, Ford, Mike wrote:
>>

> >> Proof: http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=126832992915664&w=2
> >>

>> That's not really proof of anything, it's just an archived email
>> from this list...
>
> Well, firstly it's an archived email from the *internals* (i.e.
> PHP developers) list, not this one. And secondly it's from
> someone whom I trust to know what he's talking about. If I
> looked, I'm sure I could dig up several similarly definitive
> (but less recent) pronouncements from PHP "names", including
> Rasmus himself.
>
> In fact: http://marc.info/?l=php-internals&m=123969574312781&w=2

Well, that's their prerogative, but I believe they are wrong. Short tags
cause more problems than they will ever solve, and should be removed
from the language ASAP. I would classify that as a design flaw.

In the meantime, since we are upgrading our pages to XHTML, we are
replacing the short tags wherever they occur.

Bob McConnell