I'm working with an new ISP and I'm having trouble connecting to MySQL
through PHP 4.

Here's some server specifics;
PHP Version 4.0.4pl1
Apache/1.3.14

DBA support    enabled
Supported handlers    gdbm db2 db3

I'm getting the following error;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /home/... on
line 5

Line 5 is;

$connection = mysql_pconnect("localhost","myuserid","mypass")

It's a new box so I'm assuming it's something in the configuration. I don't
have access to the server so I'm trying to troubleshoot for the ISP. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom