> > Just I have another question, does anyone know where PHP
   > puts everything
   > > when it installs? I keep recompiling PHP and Apache, and
   > every time I run
   > > phpinfo() it still has the original build date. I tried deleting:

If installed as RPM package:
$ rpm -ql php

This gives the paths to the installed php files.

If installed by hand, then try to do a find:
$find / -name '*php*' -print

That should catch a lot related to php, php.ini, php directories, the php
binary, a possible libphp4.so apache module, and so forth. --Kent