On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 03:20:23PM +0200, Merlin Morgenstern wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I have form where users enter data to be saved in a db.
>
> How can I make php save the form data into a session before the user
> leaves the page without pressing the submit button? Some members leave
> the page and return afterwards wondering where their already entered
> data is.

I hate to be a contrarian (not really), but there is a paradigm for
using web forms. If you want the internet to save your data, you have to
press the little button. If you don't, then it won't be saved. Not hard
to figure out, not hard to do. If you have to go do something else while
you're in the middle of a form, open a new tab/window and do it. When
you come back to your original form, the data will still be there (but
again, not *saved* until you hit the little button).

Sorry, I just get cranky with people who won't follow the rules.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster