"Adam Richardson" <simples...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:aanlktil-gwsrxmbbwkcv7gic_ybzv9t4s7eurhpyd...@mail.gmail.com...

>> If the OP does clean his $_POST before putting the results in his
>> database,
>> his database will look like 'poo' if the wrong person comes along.
>

> Gary had mentioned in his initial post he was testing on a local machine
> and
> would add the checks after resolving this issue.
>

> Also, the OP's code reads:
>
>  ($image_type == 'image/pjpeg') || ($image_type == 'image/png') &&
>
> That should be:
>
>  ($image_type == 'image/jpeg') || ($image_type == 'image/png') &&
>

> Tedd, Gary's original code does include jpeg AND pjpeg types (if you omit
> pjpeg's, you'll miss some images.)
>
> That said, Gary, Tedd did point out some important issues with the logic
> in
> your code.
>
> Additionally, you were asked politely to not top post, but you continued
>> do so. If you expect us to help you but you won't accommodate a simple,
>> and
>> appropriate request, then don't expect any more help from me.
>

>> bye!
>

> Where was he asked to avoid top-posting in this thread?
>
> What is top posting?
>

> Gary, top-posting is when you add your content to an email thread at the
> top
> (as opposed to the bottom) of the email message.  The preferred method of
> this list's admins is that you add your reply to the bottom of the message
> thread.  So, in future posts, please try to remember to add your message
> the bottom of the thread instead of the top.  Thanks :)
>
> Gary, what is the INSERT line for the images table supposed to be (it
> looks
> like it got mangled in your copying and pasting?)
>
> $sqlStatements = "INSERT INTO guns( id,manufacturer, type, model,
>
> caliber, condition, price, description, image_file_name,submitted
>
> ,available) VALUES ('','$manufacturer', '$type', '$model', '$caliber',
>
> '$condition', '$price', '$description','$image_file_name', ' ',
>
> '$available');
>

>> INSERT INTO images (id, image_file) VALUES('','$image_file')";
>

>>  $sqlResult = $batchconnection->multi_query($sqlStatements);
>
>  if($sqlResult == true) {
>
>      echo "Successfully Inserted Records";
>
>  } else {
>
>      echo "Some Error Occured While Inserting Records";
>
> }
>

> Adam
>
> --
> Nephtali:  PHP web framework that functions beautifully
> http://nephtaliproject.com

> signature database 5077 (20100501) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Adam

Thank thank you for your reply.

This is the code for the INSERT

 $sqlStatements = "INSERT INTO guns (manufacturer, type, model, caliber,
condition, price, description, image_file_name, available) VALUES
('$manufacturer', '$type',
'$model','$caliber','$condition','$price','$description','$image_file_name','$available');

 INSERT INTO images(id, image_file) VALUES ('', '$image_file')";

This seems to be the stopping point because when I intentionaly create
errors (connecting to db) then the error message I created shows up.  None
of the data is being inserted into the DB.

This script works fine in another DB on the same server.

 $sqlStatements = "INSERT INTO images(caption, where_taken,description,
file_name, image_file) VALUES ('$caption','$where_taken','$description',
'$file_name','$image_file');

INSERT INTO keywords (image_id,fox, wolves, wildlife, scenic, birds, eagles,
deer, small_mammals, large_mammals, dogs, cats, flowers, insects, bear,
moose)
VALUES('','$fox','$wolves','$wildlife','$scenic','$birds','$eagles','$deer',
'$small_mammals', '$large_mammals','$dogs', '$cats', '$flowers', '$insects',
'$bear', '$moose')";

As far as the whole "top posting".  I have been posting on this board for 2
years (give or take), in fact have had a number of exchanges with tedd, (so
I was a little surprised at his response). I have never heard the term top
posting, I had not been asked not to top post.  Jim Lucas had at the bottom
of his reply.

Jim Lucas