Hi Ashley,
I would have your database that is attached to this part of the website,
verify with another database that stores all your student and parent info for your school and when they register, you can actually check against a database of students that actually attend the school and the parents of that student on your server not through a login form. I believe there is a way to set up a cron or something like that where the check is made at
the server level and no one else can check that way.

I am not a professional at php, but I believe I read about this capability somewhere.
If someone knows the actual term for this please, interject.

Also, I would probably ask how to do that on the PHP-Database list

Databases and PHP - choose this one
http://www.php.net/mailing-lists.php

HTH,