Try searching for pcre:

Version 5.3.2
  Upgraded bundled PCRE to version 8.00.

Version 5.3.0
  Upgraded bundled PCRE to version 7.9.

Version 5.2.13
  Upgraded bundled PCRE to version 7.9.

Version 5.2.9
  Fixed bug #44336 (Improve pcre UTF-8 string matching performance).

Version 5.2.7
  Upgraded PCRE to version 7.8

Version 5.2.6
  Upgraded PCRE to version 7.6

Version 5.2.5
  Upgraded PCRE to version 7.3

Version 5.2.4
  Upgraded PCRE to version 7.2

Version 5.2.2
  Upgraded PCRE to version 7.0

Version 5.2.0
  Updated PCRE to version 6.7

... so it looks like between PHP 5.1 and 5.3.2 you have at least 2 major
version upgrades of the PCRE library, so the previously referenced
http://www.pcre.org/changelog.txt is more than likely what you need to be
looking at.

Cheers!

Mike
 --
Mike Ford,
Electronic Information Developer, Libraries and Learning Innovation,

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm