Hi,

  I am trying to create a news feed page that loads a number of different feeds
depending on what options the user selects. For some reason, I could not figure
out how to get the dom document to "append" the different xml documents that
get created.

Below is the code, and obviously now every time when I try to have a new item
selected, then it displays that element's

<?php

$q=$_GET["q"];
$q2 = explode(" ",$q);
$count = count($q2);

for($i=0;$i<$count;$i++) {

//find out which feed was selected
  switch ($q2[$i]) {
    case "Weather":

$xml=("http://rss.weather.com/rss/national/rss_nwf_rss.xml?cm_ven=NWF&cm_cat=rss&par=NWF_rss";);
        break;

    case "NFL":
      $xml = ("http://www.nfl.com/rss/rsslanding?searchString=home";);
      break;

    default:
        exit;
        break;

$xmlDoc = new DOMDocument();
$xmlDoc->load($xml);

//get and output "<item>" elements
$x=$xmlDoc->getElementsByTagName('item');
for ($i=0; $i<=4; $i++)
  {
  $item_title=$x->item($i)->getElementsByTagName('title')
  ->item(0)->childNodes->item(0)->nodeValue;
  $item_link=$x->item($i)->getElementsByTagName('link')
  ->item(0)->childNodes->item(0)->nodeValue;
  $item_desc=$x->item($i)->getElementsByTagName('description')
  ->item(0)->childNodes->item(0)->nodeValue;

  echo ("<p><a href='" . $item_link
  . "'>" . $item_title . "</a>");
  echo ("<br />");
  echo ($item_desc . "</p>");
  }

?>

Is there such a function where I could allow my dom document here append and
not have to create a new one every time when a new selection is made?

Thanks for your help.

Alice