Hi,

This is slightly OT...

We're wrapping up a new PHP/MySQL driven web site built on the Zend
Framework.  We're anticipating a couple hundred thousand members with
several thousand of them coming to the site at once.  I'm trying to figure
out how to determine how many servers we need to support the load.

I've done initial testing on a Xeon 3220 server, but we're looking at an i7
cpu based server now.

Anyone know a good way to estimate load based on actually numbers compared
to benchmark results from intel on a faster server?

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month.  Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry