On 17 June 2010 13:40, David Stoltz <dsto...@shh.org> wrote:
> I would agree with you, but I have no control on inherited web apps.
>

> I now need to concentrate on trying to fix this.

The "fix" is most likely to be ...

1 - Convert the string date using PHP's strtotime() function to
populate a new column on the DB.
2 - Find the code that inserts/updates the date string and add the new
column to the insert/update statement.

That will preserve the current app and allow you to have the new
column for new work.

Just remember, if _YOU_ update the new column, you must also update
the original date string also.

--
-----
Richard Quadling