On 28 June 2010 22:37, robert mena <robert.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'll have a look.  I am using Zend Framework's Zend_Soap_Client which in
> turn uses SoapClient.  I'll try to use SoapClient directly.
> I am not using https and I am not going through a proxy (using a non
> standard port).  I've tested with another SOAP client (a standalone
> application called SoapUI) without a problem.
>
> Is there anyone using SoapClient (or Zend_Soap_Client) with auth with
> success?   What other library (that does not use SoapClient) could I try?
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 26 June 2010 23:46, robert mena <robert.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am trying to access a webservice using php's soapclient but I keep
>> > getting
>> > the error SoapFault exception: [HTTP] Unauthorized
>> >
>> > If I try using a web browser I can authenticate using the same
>> > credentials
>> > used by the php code.
>> >
>> > I've searched but the only mention that I found led to a 'won't fix' bug
>> > registered to php 5.1.6.  I am using 5.2.10.
>> >
>> > Any ideas of what may be causing this?  Is there a workaround?
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >

>> Can you show the SoapClient construction you are using?
>>
>> The documentation says that you can supply HTTP authentication [1] ...
>>
>> "For HTTP authentication, the login and password options can be used
>> to supply credentials. For making an HTTP connection through a proxy
>> server, the options proxy_host, proxy_port, proxy_login and
>> proxy_password are also available. For HTTPS client certificate
>> authentication use local_cert and passphrase options. An
>> authentication may be supplied in the authentication option. The
>> authentication method may be either SOAP_AUTHENTICATION_BASIC
>> (default) or SOAP_AUTHENTICATION_DIGEST."
>>
>> There was recent activity on a Soap Authorisation Header bug [2].
>>
>> If this issue is appropriate, you can try a building your code code
>> from SVN (no win32 snapshots for a LONG time now).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> [1] http://docs.php.net/manual/en/soapclient.soapclient.php
>> [2] http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=50976
>> --
>> -----
>> Richard Quadling
>> "Standing on the shoulders of some very clever giants!"
>> EE : http://www.experts-exchange.com/M_248814.html
>> EE4Free : http://www.experts-exchange.com/becomeAnExpert.jsp
>> Zend Certified Engineer : http://zend.com/zce.php?c=ZEND002498&r=213474731
>> ZOPA : http://uk.zopa.com/member/RQuadling

You can, of course, do it all yourself with cURL or sockets, but I
believe the overhead would be significant.

I think in the first instance, can we see the code you are using to
make the request?

I use the Zend_Soap_[Client|Server|WSDL|AutoDiscovery] but not with
external Auth (like you are wanting). Instead, one of my services is
the auth service (username is sent plain text and password is sent MD5
with a nonce - I believe the principle is sound. I chose this as I was
being REALLY lazy in not learning about how to do Auth any other way.

Richard.

--
-----
Richard Quadling