At 9:41 PM +0200 8/28/10, Per Jessen wrote:
tedd wrote:

 So, how can I identify the exact location of the 'server_addr' and of
 the 'remote_addr' on shared hosting? Is that possible?

$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] will tell you the name of the virtual host - I
don't know if that is what you're after.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.2°C)

Certainly, $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] will tell you the name of the virtual host, but what about the virtual remote?

You see, I can have a script on one server communicate with another script on a another server and the remote addresses reported on either will not translate back to their respective virtual hosts, but instead to their hosts.

So, I'm trying to figure out a compliment to $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] such as something like $_SERVER['REMOTE_NAME'].

Is there such a beast?

Cheers,

tedd

--