On 10 September 2010 02:33, chris h <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm starting a new project and I'm thinking about building it on Zend
> framework and possibly Zend server.  I've only used the framework slightly
> and I've never really used Zend server.  That being said I hear that the
> framework is pretty decent to work with.  I want something that is strict
> and uses OOP & MVC well, and I hear it does; though I also have the
> impression that it's slow and bloated...
>
> Anyways, I was curious if any of you have some general advice / good things
> / horror stories on the Zend framework?
>

> Thanks,
> Chris.

I use part of ZF (Zend's autoloader, SOAP and AutoDiscovering of
WSDL). Whilst I have to install all the framework, I'm not tied to
using all of it. I don't, for example, use the MVC.

Being able to truly mix and match the classes I want is of great
benefit to me. I can slowly learn the code I need to use rather than
jumping in at the deep end and struggle trying to do everything.

Regards,

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend