Hi

I have the following statement that locates the node "membernumber" with the value A192. This works perfectly fine.

$v = $row->xpath('//membernumber[. = "A192"]');

But now I need to pass this value to XPath within a string variable say

$v = $row->xpath('//membernumber[. = $MemberId]');

But this doesnt work due to the quotes. What I intend PHP to do is to substitute the value for $MemberId and then execute the XPath query. I have grappled with it for a few days before posting this. Any ideas are most welcome

Best regards

Sridhar